Monday, December 15, 2008

I PASSED!!!


I am so relieved at knowing that I passed another semester of nursing. I was dancing when I learned the results. This semester was the toughest I faced thus far, but thankfully, I have completed 3 and only have 1 more to go....YIPPIE!




This nursing school process has been time consuming, anxiety rising, and a damn pain in the neck sometimes, but I believe in my ♥ that it will all be worth it in the end. I never really wanted to be a nurse when I thought about it and I still don't necessarily want to be a nurse now, but I know that when I start something I have to finish it or I will feel incomplete.




I am grateful for Mae in my life because without her I would loose my mind and I would never have made it as far as I have. I like to believe that I have the self-esteem and drive of a strong person, but she is truly my drive and inner encouragement. When I feel low and like I just can't do this anymore, she gives me that push that I need to get up another day and keep going for all the right reasons. Her love for me, her push, and her helpful hand when it comes to raising my children is the only thing that has really made me push to the finish line.




Besides Mae I have to thank all the dear friends that I have made while attending college. We met as all newbies to this experience. Four girls that really are extremely opposites joined forces with each other and decided that we would all help each other through this process. I don't think that we ever intended to become the friends that we did, but truly we have all become the four musketeers...then along came a fifth one Elizabeth...which we call Boner. Everyone at school has come to know that we are always all together, and that is the way that we like it.




I am eager to get started on this next journey through my last semester of college. I will walk across that stage in May knowing that I worked hard and tried my best, and I will be the best nurse that I can be when it is all said and done. Though I will not be done with this journey for another 3 years by the time I really can walk away feeling accomplished, I know that I have made a success of myself and my children will have someone to be proud of when they grow up and understand the meaning of a career.




So to end this blog...I thank God every waking moment and with every accomplishment. I thank my family for listening to my complaints. I think my children for sacrificing time with me so that I can take the time to learn myself. I thank my friends for holding my hand through this process and truly understanding what I feel when i feel it, and I would like to thank the bottle of Bacardi that I meet with during stressful times (LOL).




Hope you enjoyed this


No comments: